PKFAD (Palm Kernel Fatty Acid Distillate)
Price And Quantity
- Metric Ton
- 1 Fcl (18 - 20 MTS)
- Metric Ton
- 900.00 - 1800.00 USD ($)
- 900 - 1800 USD ($)
- Soaps, Biodiesel, Animal Feed
Palm Kernel Fatty Acid Distillate (PKFAD) is a byproduct obtained during the refining process of crude palm kernel oil. Palm kernel oil is extracted from the kernel or seed of oil palm fruits and is widely used in various industries, including food, personal care, and cosmetics.
During the refining process of palm kernel oil, crude oil is subjected to various stages of refining, such as degumming, neutralization, bleaching, and deodorization. One of the byproducts generated in this process is PKFAD.
PKFAD is a dark brown to black viscous liquid with a distinctive odor and a high fatty acid content. It mainly consists of free fatty acids, triglycerides, and various other minor components. Its composition can vary depending on the quality and origin of the crude palm kernel oil.
Uses of Palm Kernel Fatty Acid Distillate (PKFAD):
1. Animal Feed: PKFAD is commonly used as a feed ingredient in livestock and poultry diets due to its high energy content. It serves as a source of fat and essential fatty acids for animals.
2. Biodiesel Production: PKFAD can be processed into biodiesel through transesterification, a chemical reaction that converts fatty acids into fatty acid methyl esters (FAME). These FAMEs can be used as a renewable alternative to conventional diesel fuel.
3. Oleochemical Industry: PKFAD can be further processed to extract specific fatty acids, such as lauric acid, for use in the production of various oleochemical products, including soaps, detergents, and personal care items.
4. Industrial Applications: PKFAD may find application in industries where high fatty acid content is beneficial, such as in the manufacturing of lubricants, greases, and other industrial products.
1. What is Palm Kernel Fatty Acid Distillate (PKFAD)?
Ans: PKFAD is a byproduct obtained during the refining process of crude palm kernel oil. It is a dark brown to black viscous liquid with a high content of fatty acids, primarily free fatty acids and triglycerides.
2. How is PKFAD produced?
Ans: PKFAD is produced through the refining of crude palm kernel oil. The refining process involves several stages, including degumming, neutralization, bleaching, and deodorization. PKFAD is separated as a byproduct during these refining steps.
3. What is the main use of PKFAD?
Ans: The primary use of PKFAD is in the animal feed industry. It is commonly utilized as a feed ingredient for livestock and poultry due to its high energy content and fatty acid composition.
4. Can PKFAD be used in other industries?
Ans: Yes, PKFAD has applications beyond animal feed. It can be processed into biodiesel, used in the oleochemical industry to extract specific fatty acids for soaps and detergents, and utilized in industrial applications such as lubricants and greases.
5. Is PKFAD safe for animal consumption?
Ans: When used in moderation and appropriately processed, PKFAD is considered safe for animal consumption. However, its nutritional profile and fatty acid content should be considered in the overall diet of the animals.
6. How is PKFAD used in biodiesel production?
Ans: PKFAD can be converted into biodiesel through a chemical process called transesterification. During this process, the fatty acids in PKFAD are converted into fatty acid methyl esters (FAME), which are the key components of biodiesel.
7. What are the storage and handling considerations for PKFAD?
Ans: PKFAD should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. It has a relatively long shelf life if stored properly. During handling, appropriate safety precautions should be taken, and it should be kept away from open flames and sparks due to its flammable nature.
8. Is PKFAD environmentally friendly?
Ans: PKFAD is a byproduct, and its environmental impact depends on how it is managed and disposed of. When used responsibly, such as in animal feed or biodiesel production, it can contribute to resource efficiency. However, improper disposal or release into the environment can have negative impacts, so it is essential to follow environmental regulations and guidelines.
9. Can PKFAD be used as a direct food ingredient?
Ans: PKFAD is not typically used as a direct food ingredient due to its dark color, strong odor, and high fatty acid content. It is mainly utilized in animal feed and industrial applications.
10. Can PKFAD be blended with other oils or fats?
Ans: Yes, PKFAD can be blended with other oils or fats to modify its fatty acid profile or to suit specific applications in the oleochemical or industrial sectors. Blending can help tailor the product to meet desired specifications.
- Any Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand ports
- Letter of Credit (L/C) Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C) Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)
- 1000 - 3000 Per Month
- 1 Months
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Packing available in Drums (18.13 MTS) as well as Flexi Bag (20 MTS)
- Australia Middle East Africa Asia
- All India
- We are working with all ISO, GMP, Kosher-halal, etc certified factories.