Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid
Price And Quantity
- Metric Ton
- Metric Ton
- 1000.00 USD ($)
- Inorganic Acids
- Used in Paints, Lubricants, Alkyd Resins, Soaps, Fatty Alcohols, Surfactants, Fatty Esters, Intermediate Chemicals, Fatty Amines, Industrial Chemicals
Distilled palm kernel fatty acid is a mixture of various fatty acids, including lauric acid, myristic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, and others. It is often used as a raw material in the production of soaps, detergents, lubricants, and other industrial products. Additionally, the specific composition of distilled palm kernel fatty acid makes it a suitable ingredient for certain cosmetic formulations and as a source of lauric acid, which is used in the production of surfactants and other chemicals.
The process of obtaining distilled palm kernel fatty acid involves the following steps:
1. Palm Kernel Oil Extraction: The first step is the extraction of palm kernel oil from the kernels of the oil palm fruit. This can be achieved through mechanical pressing or solvent extraction.
2. Fractionation: After extraction, the crude palm kernel oil is subjected to a process called fractionation, where it is separated into various components based on their melting points. The purpose of fractionation is to obtain specific fractions with desired properties.
3. Distillation: The fractionated palm kernel oil is then subjected to distillation, which involves heating the oil to high temperatures and collecting the vapor that is formed. Distillation helps separate different fatty acids based on their boiling points, resulting in the isolation of distilled palm kernel fatty acid.
Applications of Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid:
Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid finds applications in various industries due to its unique properties and composition. Some common applications include:
1. Soap and Detergent Industry: Distilled palm kernel fatty acid is a key ingredient in the production of soaps and detergents. Its ability to produce a rich lather and cleanse effectively makes it a popular choice for both solid and liquid soap formulations.
2. Personal Care Products: It is used in the manufacturing of personal care products like shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and lotions. Its emollient and moisturizing properties make it suitable for skin and hair care products.
3. Cosmetics: Distilled palm kernel fatty acid can be found in various cosmetic products like creams, lotions, lipsticks, and makeup formulations. Its consistency and ability to improve product texture make it a valuable ingredient in cosmetic manufacturing.
4. Pharmaceuticals: In the pharmaceutical industry, it is utilized in the production of various ointments, creams, and topical formulations due to its skin-friendly properties.
5. Lubricant Industry: Distilled palm kernel fatty acid is used in the production of lubricants and greases due to its excellent lubricating properties.
6. Emulsifiers and Surfactants: It serves as a source of lauric acid, which is used to produce surfactants and emulsifiers that stabilize oil-in-water emulsions, often found in food products, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.
7. Animal Feed: It is used in some animal feed formulations to provide essential fatty acids for livestock and improve their overall nutrition.
8. Chemical Industry: Distilled palm kernel fatty acid is used as a raw material in the production of various chemicals and derivatives, such as fatty alcohols, fatty esters, and amides.
9. Industrial Applications: It finds applications in various industrial processes, including inks, paints, coatings, and metalworking fluids.
Q: What is Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid?
A: It is a product derived from the processing of palm kernel oil. It is obtained through fractionation and distillation processes, which separate the different fatty acids present in palm kernel oil based on their melting points and boiling points.
Q: What are the main fatty acids present in Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid?
A: The main fatty acids present in Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid include lauric acid, myristic acid, oleic acid, and palmitic acid. Lauric acid is one of the predominant fatty acids and contributes to the product's unique properties.
Q: What are the applications of Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid?
A: Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid is used in various industries and products, including:
1. Soap and detergent manufacturing
2. Personal care products like shampoos, body washes, and lotions
3. Cosmetics, including creams, lipsticks, and makeup
4. Pharmaceuticals for ointments and topical formulations
5. Lubricants and greases
6. Emulsifiers and surfactants in food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals
7. Animal feed to provide essential fatty acids for livestock
8. Chemical industry for the production of various chemicals and derivatives
Q: Why is Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid used in soap making?
A: This acid is favored in soap making due to its ability to produce a rich lather and cleanse effectively. It contributes to the overall quality and performance of the soap, making it a popular choice for both solid and liquid soap formulations.
Q: Is Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid environmentally sustainable?
A: The sustainability of palm kernel oil and its derivatives, including Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid, is a significant concern. Palm oil production has been associated with deforestation and habitat destruction, leading to environmental impacts and loss of biodiversity. To ensure environmental sustainability, it is essential to source palm oil and its derivatives from certified sustainable sources that adhere to responsible agricultural practices and protect natural ecosystems.
Q: Can Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid be used in food products?
A: While Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid is used in various food-related applications as an emulsifier or surfactant, it is not commonly used as a direct food ingredient. It is important to distinguish between food-grade palm oil and its derivatives used in food applications and industrial-grade products used in non-food applications.
Q: Is Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid safe for use in cosmetics and personal care products?
A: When used as intended in cosmetics and personal care products, Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid is generally considered safe. However, like any other cosmetic ingredient, it should be used in compliance with industry regulations and guidelines. Cosmetic manufacturers should conduct proper testing and safety assessments to ensure the safety and suitability of their formulations.
Q: Can Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid be used in biofuels?
A: While some vegetable oils and their derivatives are used in biofuel production, Distilled Palm Kernel Fatty Acid is not a commonly used feedstock for biofuels. Other vegetable oils, such as soybean oil or palm oil, are more frequently used for this purpose.
- Any Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand ports
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T) Letter of Credit (L/C) Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C)
- 3000 Per Month
- 1 Months
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- Packing available in Drum, Flexi and ISO Tank
- All India